Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Turturuan mo kong yan.

That's the Tagalog version of teach me how to dogie... yata. (I think.)


Anyway I have four minutes. I know God is aware of us and places us where we need to be when we need to be.


So we had this area broadcast two weeks ago about reactivation of church members in the Philippines. One thing that stuck out to me that we discussed at our last zone conference is that many of those who will teach the gospel in China (when it is opened up to the Church) will be Filipinos. Part of area goals is to save the rising generation and it is so cool to me that I could be reactivating families that will have children who will serve in China! The Philippines is the cradle of Christianity in Asia, and it will play a crucial part in establishing the Church in China in the future. How beautiful and amazing that I get to be a part of this great work!


Also a talk from general conference that helped me this past week (and an investigator) is "Waiting upon the Lord: Thy will be done." Many of the most faithful saints suffered through great hardships, but we need to have patience, and trust in the will of our Heavenly Father. None of us are perfect, but we have trials to refine us and the Atonement of Jesus Christ to perfect us. I know that's true.


Mahal ko kayo,
Sister Cope


Pictures of the Week:
1. So this is a hideous picture of me. I'm always pawis (sweaty) so my glasses never stay up. It just reminds me how I talked to this one RM who served in Manila, and she said to me, "Get the Salt Lake sister out of your head because you're going to look ugly everyday of your mission." Haha..
2. My zone at zone conference with the president and his wife, the assistants to the president, and the senior medical couple. (I hit my six month mark on this day - January 27th, 2012. Ahhhh!!!! I can't waste a minute. Talaga.)
3. Another lovely sunset view from our bedroom window.
4. My zone. Tomorrow is transfers and the zone will have a new composition. But I am staying in Antipolo!!! This is my fourth transfer!

No comments:

Post a Comment