Monday, January 23, 2012

Short lang.

We had this miracle of a first contact earlier this week when we went to this one area to visit a less active. She has a neighbor who is also a member, but has been on a vacation for a year! It just so happens that he was there preparing his house for the new people who are moving in. I know part of the reason for Heavenly Father giving us this blessing is because of the exact obedience my companion has been encouraging that we've been working on together. We were able to get his new address and hopefully the missionaries in Visayas will be able to help reactivate him. Another less active read the "We are all enlisted" talk by Jeffrey R. Holland within a day after we gave it to him. He came to church and said he's interested in serving a mission. I know his family (who is also less active) will be so blessed if the members can help him get on a mission before he turns 25.
As for investigators, so many of them do not want to act on the faith that they've developed, but there is this one and her testimony is so strong and she's reading and she's started coming to church, and I'm just really happy for her. She needs the blessings of the gospel in her life--she has 5 kids and little money. I know that as she continues to build a spiritual foundation for her family they will be sustained, temporally and spiritually.
And my testimony of fasting has grown. Yesterday I just felt the direction of the Holy Ghost so much more clearly even though I was hungry. I felt that Heavenly Father blessed me to discern needs better and to choose what lessons to share according to that. We also met and talked to several people who could speak English well enough that I taught a little in English and really felt it from the heart. I'm not horrible at Tagalog (and I'm not magaling either), but I only know some of the vocabulary I need to really speak from my soul. If that makes sense. Anyway. Sunday was nice. The power that fasting has to bring us closer to God and the Spirit is real.
Mahal ko kayo.
Sister Cope

No comments:

Post a Comment