Monday, February 6, 2012

Joy through the Temple

I spent all my time uploading pictures so I'll be keeping this short today...


Heavenly Father wants us to be happy. That's His purpose. Crazy, right? God cares about us and our desires. He is so aware of our needs, our weaknesses and our strengths. He gave us all these tools to help us find true happiness. We have prophets! We have the scriptures! We have communication with Him! We have our families! We have the other people He has placed in our paths. And we have temples!!! He wants us all to go there and become forever families, and I know it's possible. For everyone. It's not easy, but it's possible. I know temples are the house of the Lord, and I know that the power to seal on earth and in heaven is there and it's real.


Mahal ko kayo,
Sister Cope


Pictures of the Week:
1. The day Sister Daclan transferred :( We've been together for four months now in the same house. We used to jog together in the mornings, and we dreamed about running in the rice fields of Mindoro. But now she's in Mindoro!!! (It's kind of the dream area of our mission.) They've never sent a non-Filipina sister there... yet. But I have hope... if it's God's will :)
2. Sister Rollyna is amazing. She was baptized in May of last year and she works with us every week as we teach investigators or less actives. She has an amazing testimony and is just the best at being a sincere friend to everyone.
3. This is Kirby, Sister Rollyna's son. He's got a special place in my heart and is definitely one of my favorite kids in my area. He was eating pancit and it was all over his face and he didn't care... until I pulled out my camera and then he started to clean himself up. Sobrang adorable siya.
4. The Francisco family is semi-less active, but we brought them to temple tour together and they were early and all dressed up. It was a special experience to go with a whole family and one that really wanted to. It was brother's first time and it was perfect. Sister Matuauto and I both recognized a strong Spirit throughout the tour. (L-R: Me, Vincent, Ralph Lauren, Sister Lilibeth, Brother Ramilo, Sunshine, Xena, and S. Matuauto)
5. There were these beautiful flowers all over the sidewalk that had fallen from the trees so we picked them up and put them to use :)
6. Jaucer, S. Rollyna, and Blanche. It was Blanche's birthday, and Rollyna made her special bicol with real chocolate on top. Sooooobrang masarap. You have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment