Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!

It doesn't feel like it at all... Halloween isn't much here. They celebrate something else called "All Souls Day." As families they go to cemeteries and party and picnic. I'm guessing it'll be hard to teach for the next three days... (Because it starts today and goes until November 2nd, which is the real All Souls Day.)

It seems cool, though. If I wasn't a missionary and didn't have the responsibilities I have, I would love to go with one of the families we teach and participate in the celebrations. Everyone is really superstitious here and there is a strong belief in ghosts. Apparently there is one in our apartment, but if I think about it too much I just sing church songs. Haha...

Anyway... I have 8 minutes. And I'm trying to think of the most important things to say. And it's hard because the internet shop I'm in is sobrang mainit (very very hot). Something I say every week almost, but I have such a strong testimony of... God is aware of us. He sends people our way to lift us or puts people in our path to lift them. We left one lesson that went really sour, but saw miracles shortly after. Church attendance was really disappointing, but then we ran into the security guard, who we haven't even taught yet, and he was going to church at 1 o'clock with the ward. (I'm in the branch that meets at 8 a.m... It makes it really hard for investigators.) And there's this one family who we have met with once and three of the four that we taught came to church. And we were looking for a referral we had received up and down the hills of Antipolo and we met all these wonderful people who tried helping us with directions. And we invited many of them to be taught when we return to that particular area next week. And there were some complications with my first scheduled baptism this Saturday, and we were going to have to move the date, but it's all worked out. His name is Ray and he has a very good heart. I'm so excited for him. I know this gospel blesses God's children. No matter who you are, where you are from, etc. the gospel of Jesus Christ has a place in your life. Or room needs to be made. I find so much hope in Heavenly Father's love and His Son's Atonement for us.

Love you all. Feel free to e-mail (samantha.cope@myldsmail.net).

Samantha, ahem. Sister COpe

No comments:

Post a Comment