Wednesday, November 9, 2011

End of my 1st transfer

I've been here six weeks now. It's crazy. I love it.

My first baptism was happy. It was slow to start, but the Spirit was there. S. Siu and I sang the musical number (Lord, I would follow thee) in English and Tagalog. Rey bore his testimony.

We keep going to this one area called Antipolo Hills to find a referral from one of the Elders, and we cannot find her, but we keep meeting all these other great people. One sister joined the church in 1986 or something and she's been less active for almost just as long, but she just didn't know where to find a church, and she wants to learn the doctrine and come back.

And our security guard wants to be baptized, but we found out he's not in our area so he will be taught by different sisters.

I'm out of time, but I'll share an awesome story really quick. One of our investigators, Ailyn, told us this experience she had. She was really hungry and only had 10 pesos, and so she feasted on the word instead. She read her scriptures until she was able to fall asleep and when her asawa came home from work, she wasn't hungry anymore. It was so powerful when I heard it. Her faith is so great. There are so many people who are ready to hear the gospel. It's so beautiful how Heavenly Father takes care of us.

And another day we were trying to find new people and people were really rude to us (which is rare in the Philippines), but then we asked a question at this one tindahan (little store thing), and then we introduced ourselves and they welcomed us in. And they need the blessings of this gospel in their life and I'm so excited to go back and teach them. But God definitely puts us in the right place at the right time.

I know God loves us and that He's given us the means to return to Him. I know that we can help each other, and that the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon help us, too.

Mahal ko kayo.
Sister Cope

Pictures of the Week:

1. This awesome rainbow cloud thing that we saw in Antipolo Hills. I think the people around us were wondering what we were doing... If only they had looked up. It kept changing colors, too! It was green, then purple, etc. So awesome.

2. The Antipolo Zone. This is everybody who is in my zone right now, but it just split and transfers are tomorrow so there will be maraming pagbabago (many changes).

3. This is Sister Rollyna and I. She was baptized in April, I think, but she always works with us and bears her testimony when we teach. She is amazing. And the flower arrangement she's holding is something she made. She has 3 adorable kids, and we're going to try to start teaching her husband soon.

4. As part of All Souls' Day, they put candles on their porches for the people they're remembering. This is a melted one in front of Sister Rollyna's home.

5. Sister Siufanua and I got matching earrings :)

6. Here's a close up. We'll have to wait until next P-day to wear them together...

7. Some ward members and Rey at his baptism. Unfortunately his eyes are closed and I don't have another copy... But still sobrang kasayahan (so much happiness).

No comments:

Post a Comment