Monday, July 23, 2012

7 Minutes!!!!

So I spent my e-mail time looking at pictures of my new companion in Mindoro... But my new companion isn't actually new. It's Sister Daclan!!! We were kabahay for three transfers in Antipolo and companions for 2 weeks when my trainer, Sister Siufanua, went home. She is amazing and is exactly what Heavenly Father knows I need at this time. She brings a calmness to the work and a spirit of love for the people. Our mission president keeps telling us to slow down the lessons, and I'm learning so much from her about that.

There's been this one family that, to be honest, I've had a hard time loving. Sobrang makulit ang mga bata, pero we were able to invite the Spirit kahit konte. There is a big difference in taking the time to teach and not rushing from principle to principle in teaching. (And being patient and understanding of the situation. Even though I'm about to hit my year mark, there's still a lot of learning to be done.) But it's like the article from July 2012's Liahona, "The Lesson is in the Learner." It's not about covering material, it's about helping people feel and know what is true. It's hard to do. It's easy enough to say words in Tagalog, but to help people be truly converted in their hearts and understand the gravity of the Restoration, it takes the power of the Holy Ghost. It can't be done by just the missionaries. A lot of people will believe the words we say, and we told one of our investigators, "We're worried when people don't ask questions!" The events that provided for the publication of the Book of Mormon and the return of the Priesthood, the power that literally comes from God, are miraculous. You can't figure it out logically; faith is required... And a confirmation through the Holy Ghost after sincere prayer.

Whether you are a member or not, read the Book of Mormon, ask if it's true, and God will tell you. All of us have those moments where our testimonies get weaker, but if we regularly read and ask, there won't be doubt. Saligang bato siya. (It's the cornerstone... of the Church.) We teach tons of less actives that don't have testimonies, and this is the key. Even I, as a missionary, am in the process of doing this.

Tapos, speaking of priesthood earlier, we were able to teach one of our investigators about priesthood blessings and offer a blessing for her baby. Two of the return missionaries in our ward went over there after church to administer the blessing. We'll check up on them tomorrow, but I know that if it's God's will, the baby will be healed because that power and authority from God is real.

Mahal ko kayo,
Sister Cope

P.S. Pasaway ako... I extended my time to finish writing what I wanted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment