Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My first Filipina :)

Hello pamilya at mga kaibigan,

My bagong kasama is amazing, and I'm so excited to work with her this transfer, and hopefully more... :) Sister Polinar is an answer to my prayers. I am so grateful to have her here and I know she will bless this area so much. Her desire to work hard and reach goals are so conducive to the work and getting to the people. In addition to how masipag (diligent) she is, I'm also thinking this transfer will help me with the language. I can teach lessons, but I need to be able to have conversations, too.

We had this great experience in following up on a referral from a returning less active. A couple weeks ago one recent convert was working with us to this less active, and the neighbor of the less active is friends with the recent convert, and she was like "Yeah, you should learn about Mormons." But in Tagalog, siyempre. This past week this neighbor was outside doing her dishes and Sister Polinar was able to invite her to listen to our message, and she was so sincere in her interest and commitment to read the restoration pamphlet after we taught her.

Tapos... One of our recent converts, who almost went less active, came to stake conference last week with his brother-in-law, who was a previous investigator. We had the opportunity to teach both of them and the rest of the family last night. The brother-in-law wants to be baptized so bad, but his asawa isn't motivated enough to get the marriage papers done while he is away working. But we won't be discouraged. Where there is a will, there is a way, and his testimony is there. It was amazing hearing him testify about church attendance last night and how it just feels different there and he takes that with him even as he leaves. He's going to try to change his work schedule.

As for me, I forgot how hard leading an area is, and I've been really stressed and kind of all over the place, but Sister Polinar is patient with me. I'm doing my best to teach her quickly about the area and about the people so I can have her help in decision-making.

But I'm just so grateful to my Heavenly Father for His continued awareness of my needs and the needs of the people I'm serving here in Antipolo.

Mahal ko kayo,
Sister Cope

Pictures of the week:
1. Saying goodbye to Sister Matuauto at transfer meeting. She is in Mindoro now!!! The first 'foreign' sister! (I'm hoping to go sometime, too... but only if God wants me to...) And her companion is Sister Daclan :)
2. Because we all thought I would be transferred, I got a picture with (L-R) our branch president, his wife, me, the relief society president, the stake patriarch, and our branch mission leader.
3. Sunset outside of the chapel...
4. Some of the new members of my zone. Puro visaya ang mga filipinos.
5. Sister Polinar and I at Chic-Boy. Our zone favorite.
6. Our mga labandera and kabahay being wacky :)


No comments:

Post a Comment