Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pinay na ako.

Sinubukin ko ang balut!!!! I tried balut. I've got pictures to prove it. I had Christmas Eve dinner at my Relief Society President's house (whose son happens to be our Branch Mission Leader). Anyway. It didn't taste bad. Just the thought of what it was made it hard to swallow. I don't think mine was that developed so I didn't feel a beak or anything...


For Christmas here everyone has pasta! We had three meals of pasta on Christmas day. Each family was oh so generous and I just love the people here.


But the best part of Christmas was the fact that Brother De Jesus came to church. Two of the De Jesus children come once in a while, but it means there is some progression. It's such a blessing to me because it's a family that has all my heart and soul, and I feel like I've been able to witness a miracle.


The other best part was that Brother and Sister San Agustin were confirmed (their baptism was on Christmas Eve), and all three of their children (who are actually teenagers/young adults) came to church!!


I'm so grateful for the love of God and that He sent His Son to atone for our sins and suffer all our pains and afflictions so that we can one day be worthy to enter into the presence of Heavenly Father. I know Jesus Christ's atonement is real. I know that is what Christmas is all about. He's done SO much for us. Just read "Teachings of Jesus" by Dallin H. Oaks.


I love you all. I hope you had a nice Christmas.


Love,
Sister Cope


1. At our Branch Christmas party with Arlene, an amazing investigator who continues to read the Book of Mormon and take notes about what she's read, with her children and some of her neighbors' children :)


2. This is Brother Dacuno (our Elder's Quorum President), Brother Madelo (our best branch missionary's husband), Brother Rey (my first baptisee who will be going to the temple this week to do baptisms for the dead!), Brother Romel (the funniest and most diligent member that assists in missionary work), and Edgardo (an investigator from the past who wants to be baptized, but works away from home).


3. My new companion, Sister Matuauto, and I at Christmas conference. (She's from Utah with Samoan descent just like Sister Siu. I'm destined to have polynesian companions my whole mission... Haha..) But Christmas conference was awesome. I really felt the Spirit during the talks and the musical numbers.


4.S. Mat, Bro. Rodel (branch presidency member and baptizer), Bro. San Agustin, Sis. San Agustin, Me :), and Lehi (our branch mission leader) at the San Agustin baptism on Christmas Eve. Sobrang masaya. They are an amazing example of acting on faith.


5. Peeling the balut and avoiding looking at it...


6. The partially developed baby bird in an egg... Yep. That's balut.


7. Sister Glaffy, the Relief Society President, encouraging me to shove the rest of it in my mouth... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment