Monday, December 5, 2011

May nosebleed ako...

So in the Philippines they refer to being overwhelmed by the use of another language as a nosebleed. My language fast didn't last a whole week, but I have been working with members that know little to no English. Sister Siufanua has finished her mission and is back in the United States now. My new companions are Sister Litz and Sister Daclan. They're the other sisters in our house. We have extra responsibility with the same areas and only three of us so we go on splits with members. It's exhausting, but I know Heavenly Father doesn't give us anything we can't handle (1 Nephi 3:7). I've witnessed tender little mercies and had prayers answered this week and so I know Heavenly Father has not left me alone. I told Sister Siufanua that I felt like I've been pushed in front of an oncoming bus, but she quickly replied that God will give me the strength to be Supergirl. So I'm working on confidence in myself and reliance on Jesus Christ to make up the difference. This is a great opportunity for the branch as well. They're stepping up their fellowshipping, and there are different members who have volunteered to go with me this week. I'm tired, but excited. I know that God has high expectations, but that we can meet them through His Son and with the support of one another.

Mahal ko kayo,
Sister Cope

P.S. Eliza R. Snow is epic... She was the second or third president of the Relief Society in the early days of the Church... and she wrote some of our beloved hymns. This quote is in the book "Daughters in My Kingdom":

"I will go forward... I will smile at the rage of the tempest and ride fearlessly and triumphantly across the boisterous ocean of circumstance... and the 'testimony of Jesus' will light up a lamp that will guide my vision through the portals of immortality."

No comments:

Post a Comment