Monday, September 17, 2012

The Joy of the Temple

Where do I start? I had the privilege of going to the temple this week with one of the sisters I knew from my first area in Antipolo. She was baptized in May 2011 so when I arrived in the mission she was a recent convert that we taught once in a while, but worked with about every other day. She is amazing, and I love her, and on Saturday, September 15 she went through the temple. We took a jeepney from Morong to Antipolo and I got to see a couple of the branch members and we carpooled to the temple. It was so happy, and this is what the mission is all about. It's not about baptisms and numbers, it's about helping people become truly converted, enter the temple, and stay active in the Church and in the gospel for the rest of their lives (hanggang wakas)! I love that it's the focus of our mission right now. Our mission president really is seeking the guidance of Heavenly Father to guide the work here in Quezon City.

One another thing I want to mention is that we had this one lesson where I felt just so strongly about what we needed to share. It was a less active family that I was meeting for the first time, and Sister Curtis wasn't sure how to help them because they're not progressing. I really felt like Heavenly Father had opened the windows of heaven and gave me a portion of His love for them. They're still not progressing, but there is hope.

Nothing else really because the temple experience with Sister Rollyna kind of trumps everything. But I've been trying to open my mouth more and get over my fear of talking to random people. I've prayed and asked Heavenly Father to help people approach us because I can't always recognize who exactly to contact. After church on Sunday, we were on a jeepney, and this guy asked us about who we were and then we were talking to three people at once so it was way cool. We didn't have time to give them pamphlets, but we invited them to attend church in their different areas. Also, on our way back from Antipolo to Morong, we could not get a jeepney. They were packed with people going home for the weekend. This one guy helped us for almost an hour, and we found out he'd been taught before and referred him to the missionaries who cover his area. People are prepared we just have to be ready to share the gospel, and we need to already be sharing it through our example.

Happy Monday and Mahal ko kayo!
Sister Cope

Pictures!!! (I have a camera now!!! courtesy of my lovely mga magulang/parents :)
1. Eating no-bake-cookies with our district at our meeting this morning.
2. At the temple with the sisters and members of San Isidro 2 Branch!!!! Sister Rollyna is the one in the middle. We were all there for her.
3. Sister Rollyna and I. I haven't seen her in 7 months. It was amazing to have the privilege of attending her temple service.
4. Me, Eliza Del Val (the branch president's wife), Sister Balao (gospel principles teacher), Sister Rollyna, Sister Madelo (who was a branch missionary when I was there), and Sister Glaffy (the Relief Society president). I love these people so much, and I feel so blessed that I got to see them again. There is always hope of getting transferred back to a previous area, though...
5. The rice fields of Morong. 
6. Dexter, Vanessa, and Yanni. One of our investigator families.
7. Waiting in the rain for two hours for a jeepney from Antipolo to Morong before calling the Jensen couple to give us a ride, after going to the temple.
8. Goats! They ran away when Sister Curtis was taking her picture with them, and said "Picture tayo!" Haha...






No comments:

Post a Comment