Friday, May 25, 2012

Taglayin ang pangalan ni JesuCristo

Naubos ko ang mga oras sa e-mail sa mission president. But I will write a couple lines anyway.. :) We were punted a lot this week, but it seems Heavenly Father blessed us with lessons on our shortest days. Friday we had weekly planning and that takes a couple hours, but the lessons we had that day were just great. One of our investigators who has almost nothing wanted to start paying her tithing. We informed her that she doesn't need to until after her baptism. She asked us to save the money for her until then because she was worried she would spend it. We returned it to her and told her not to worry until she's made covenants with Heavenly Father, but it just shows how willing she is to put God first. Amazing talaga. We extended a baptismal date to one of our other investigators. He was referred to us by his brother who is pushing him to become a member, but he was sincere in his assignments and his questions. (note to friends who aren't members who may one day listen to missionaries: we love sincere questions! it makes the lessons so much better.) Although there is family influence, he is searching out for the answer himself, and again note to non-member friends: we don't force people to get baptized. We don't want to do that because if your heart is not converted than it doesn't really mean anything except that serious promises have been made without the person committing to seriously honor them. Ayaw namin yan. But the Church is true and sincere seekers of truth will find it! I continue to be blessed for having this gospel in my life. I know as I learn more about Jesus Christ, it helps me to be a better person. And I learn so much from the example of those around me--my companion, those I'm teaching, the leaders in my ward. My heart is full that I get to be a part of the Lord's work. Mahal ko kayo. Sister Cope

No comments:

Post a Comment