Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter

What a great way to spend Easter watching conference. In the morning session on Saturday we sat next to one of our recent converts, Sister San Agustin, and her investigating daughter, Jelyn. Sadly, there was no Tagalog translation, and I think partly because of that they did not return on Sunday. But we sat next to the Madelo family from our branch, who after three years of being members were sealed in the temple last November, and next to them was one of our less actives and her investigating neighbor. A couple families were there as well, and I'm so happy for those that made the sacrifices to come. We did a lot of teaching about living prophets the days leading up to conference, and I can't believe people would pass up this opportunity to find out for themselves if Thomas S. Monson is a man of God. But we actually had one investigator run away from us, and then she realized we saw her and came back and told us her baby was sick. If only they realized what they're missing--guidance for our day, our trials mismo.


We had this one interesting lesson with this one less active who was baptized as a kid and has since converted to born again Christian along with 6 of his friends. I don't think all of them took it seriously, but we were able to find another less active in the process, and one of the friends said he went to the 'Mormon' church as a kid with his family. They even had the member that was with us offer to give them a ride, and they passed it up! I know that President Monson is called of God to lead the Church and as a prophet for the whole world. It's crazy! But just like Biblical times, there is revelation now. I received answers to several questions I had going into conference, and I know that each speaker was inspired through the power of the Holy Ghost.

I can't wait to reread them and gain more insights for myself and those I teach. God speaks to us today through personal revelation, ancient revelation, and modern revelation.


Mahal ko kayo,
Sister Cope


Sobrang pagod ako dahil naglakad ako sa 345 steps kanina. Here are some pictures... As a zone we went to Daranack Falls in nearby Tanay.
1. Trying to get a zone picture by using timers... it didn't really work because we're not all included, pero masaya pa rin.
2. Kind of a zone picture... everybody except me and two elders who laid down sa tuktok ng bundok :)
3. Sister Polinar and I at the base of the falls.
4. I don't know if we're allowed to walk in water as missionaries. (For those who aren't members/aren't familiar with missionary rules... Swimming is BAWAL. But hopefully this was okay. It was the only way to get to this really cool tree which I didn't end up including pictures of here. Ha.)
5. Elder Ochavo, and my kabahay S. Schmidt, S. Polinar, and S. Iosefa. on the bridge back to this...
6. The 345 steps... in the distance.
7. We made it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment