Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I'm a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it

Not my favorite talk, but I like the phrase. There was a lot about service, di ba? That is one thing I learned coming into the field, how much we can do when we are not full-time missionaries. But there's different things that missionaries can do. But really there's so much more observing and serving we can do, and that we're expected to do, and that we covenanted to do. If we would just look at the people around us and love them, it would make a world of difference.


We talked about Elder Bednar's talk with one of our members that's returning back to church... testimony versus conversion. It's not just about what we know, it's how we came to know it and how we feel about what we know. It has to be way down deep in our heart. Taos-puso sa Tagalog. And then Elder Quentin L. Cook's talk centered around Alma 5: 26   And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?


We have to keep our conversions current.


So yep.. pretty much just soap boxing it up today because conference was the highlight of the week, and having more of our "less actives" and investigators come to the Saturday session than "active" members. Having living prophets, seers, and revelators are the best, and teaching people who understand that and want to see and know for themselves if it's true or not is amazing.


Also, my new companion is Sister Roper!! We're both short Americans so everybody thinks we're related. It's really fun. Sister Roper introduces us as kambal (twins) to all the people she's meeting. We've been kabahay before and we've been assigned in each other's areas and everyone gets us mixed up.


Mahal ko kayo,
Sister Cope

No comments:

Post a Comment