Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Oops!

So probably the most eventful thing that happened this week was Sister Daclan and I went to temple tour with one of our returning members and her investigator boyfriend. The thing is that it wasn't our turn for temple tour... We got there and thought, "Why do we not recognize any of these missionaries?" It was the Quezon City North Mission, and we had gone by the old calendar instead of the updated one... 

But as awkward as it was at first, it was such a blessing, and there was definitely a purpose to it. And Jason and Nicole were so excited. They were earlier than us, and just had the right attitude and enthusiasm. Jason will be baptized this coming September. He's gone to church four times in a row, and he has questions with depth. Nicole and her family have also gone to church consistently now, too, as compared to last transfer when I hadn't even met them until the fifth week, I think. Transfers are happening AGAIN next week, and Sister Daclan and I are really hoping to stay together to see him and one of our other investigators baptized within the next month. But it depends on Heavenly Father. Not only that, Sister Daclan is great and she's just the companion I needed at this time.

Grabe! Heavenly Father has blessed me so much with the people He has put in my life. And we had zone interviews this past week, and I learned so much, and my head will probably explode trying to apply it all, but wow.

Oh, and our temple day was this morning where we got to go inside (as opposed to temple tour which is  for investigators and just outside on the grounds). We woke up at 4:30 a.m. and as early as it was, I learned a lot, but still have so much more to learn. and the temple is really a special place because you always end up running into people you know--like Tatay Tarun from my first area in Antipolo! Sobrang masaya. I really did leave my heart there... But there are other places to go and more people to meet and serve.

Mahal ko kayo,
Sister Cope

No comments:

Post a Comment