Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Promised Blessings...

Promised Blessings.​..

They're real. Two months ago, or so, our mission president was reminding us that God is preparing people to hear our message. Sometimes missionary work can be  discouraging when people choose to not act on the things they feel and they miss out on the blessings. I know I've done that before.But when our mission president reminded us of that, I've been praying really hard to find those people. God is fulfilling that in his time. I saw it as Nenneth the investigator who came to church last week continues to read the Book of Mormon sincerely. The scripture in D&C 84 about both the teacher and the learner being edified was the epitome of that evening. I recognized it in the flow of the lesson and everything that we were given to say through the Holy Ghost, including our member that came with us. Even after the lesson I felt inspiration flowing and I was just filled with the hope and enthusiasm I'd been praying to have for the last couple weeks of my mission. Of course, after a major uplifting experience Satan tries to make us doubt again, but there is no better companion I could ask for this transfer. Sister Racaza is really helping me to be my best self. And back to promised blessings... I've been reading the Book of Mormon with that in mind, and finding so many things that Heavenly Father is willing to pour out on us and DOES pour out on us when we're doing our part. So often it talks about joy and rejoicing. I really feel that when I give my best, and when I don't feel it, it's great motivation for the next day. The gospel is real because when we live it... that true happiness DOES enter into our lives. Yes, it requires maintenance, but siyempre that's how things that are worth it go... effort is required. I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true because I truly feel my Heavenly Father's love for me as I follow the gospel of His Son.


Mahal ko kayo,
Sister Cope

No comments:

Post a Comment