Monday, December 3, 2012

Best Day Ever #937

Best Day Ever #937

That is a reference to Spongebob and childhood memories of walking home with Mary Fachet from school :)

But Sunday really was one of the best days ever because not only did we have an epic family home evening, but the less active father of one of my favorite families came for the second time in 8 years! I love their family and I love teaching them. They always have great comments and they really allow the Spirit into their hearts and it's just amazing. My mom and brother received more details in their e-mails, but I don't have enough time here and now... I have to write my mission president.

I just know that we can't ever give up on people. Everyone has the hope of changing through the gospel. We cannot hold on to old conceptions of people or else they can't change. Through the Atonement we can do anything and the rest of us have to accept what Jesus Christ can do for other people, not just ourselves.

One of my favorite Christmas-y scriptures... Mosiah 3.

Mahal ko kayo,
Sister Cope

1. So many of the people we visit have puppies!! Yay! This is the DeVillena family and the Jensens worked with us that evening. We had a good discussion about parents setting examples for kids and having family scripture study, and Marvin, their son came home toward the end of the lesson and we were just testifying to him about missionary work and encouraging him to go, especially Elder Jensen who took the picture.
2. We went to temple tour, even though the couple we were going to take cancelled on us. I ended up seeing members from my first area. These are people I haven't seen in 7 and a half months. I was so happy. Sister Patricio on my right worked with me and my companions in Antipolo Hills all the time and just always had such an enthusiasm about sharing her testimony. She's preparing to enter the temple and be sealed with her family by the end of this year or early next year. I'm praying that I'll be able to go with them before I go home!!
3. Sister Harston and I on the jeepney on the way back from temple tour with everyone sleeping around us. It's her first temple tour and about her fifth time on a jeepney :) Later this month we have the privilege of being the tour guides for the Christmas temple tour! December is so happy!!
4. We had an epic family home evening last night. This is the home of Alice Alonzo, she was baptized in June, I think, before I arrived to this area. She has a strong testimony and is trying to encourage all her relatives and the employees that work at her candle business to listen to us. She shared some nice closing remarks. Her daughter Laarni, who is married to a member that works abroad in China, will be baptized at the end of this month!!! She's pretty amazing and so is their family. Laarni's mother-in-law and sister-in-law came, too and helped out a lot with such a big group to handle :)



No comments:

Post a Comment