Wednesday, July 27, 2011

1.5 hours until 1.5 years

Not all of you know much about what I'm doing. A mission is different. You basically put away your life for 1.5-2 years. I can only e-mail my parents. I won't be accessing this blog, but my mom will post my e-mails for me.

It may seem crazy, but I really believe in what I'm doing. Whether you believe in God or not, I know he loves you. That's why I'm going to teach about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that it provides the way to return home to our Heavenly Father who loves us more than we can comprehend. I know that God would not stop talking to us so that is why we have modern prophets. I know Joseph Smith saw God and His Son, Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus Christ sacrificed for all of us so we could be made clean again to return to our Father's presence. I know that the Holy Ghost resides in temples and that you can feel his presence and God's love as you read scriptures and pray. I know that what I am doing is the Lord's work and it is the most important thing I could be doing right now.

Here's a documentary I made about my decision to go: http://vimeo.com/22683673

As for the blog name... People are really the essence of my life and what give me purpose. Family and friends. And the people I will meet. I'm sharing the most important thing I know with God's children. The lyrics come from one of my favorite songs (Adele's Hometown Glory), but it's really how I feel about all of you. You are the wonders of my world. I appreciate your influence. I'll miss you all, but no worries. I hope to see most of you in 2013.

Love,
Sister Copé

P.S. Learn more here: mormon.org
P.P.S. And write me here:

7/27-9/27/2011
Sister Samantha Caitlin Copé
MTC Mailbox # 224
PHI-QUE 0929
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

9/29/2011-Jan/Feb 2013
Sister Samantha Caitlin Copé
Philippines Quezon City Mission
Ortigas Center, P.O. Box 13873
Emerald Avenue, Pasig City 1600
Metro Manila, Philippines

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment